Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Random Day

84 degrees today with just 5% humidity. Can you say dry? My contact lenses were out by 2:00 pm! The kids are craving water, and just took their sippy cups down to the basement. It's been weird the last few days - very warm and dry. Most counties are on fire warning due to the higher temps and the crazy winds (seriously - it's like living on the northern California coast without the benefit of being near the ocean. The winds here can be fierce. Honestly, I regularly worry about my kids and groceries blowing away. I've never worried about a full shopping cart with 2 kids inside blowing away while I'm unlocking my car. But I do here! Now, back to your scheduled blog....).

Today - 84! Tomorrow. Maybe 42. With snow or rain. A storm is blowing in (doesn't that sound like a country song?). It's kind of nice right now. I have almost every window open, and all the inside doors are propped open (otherwise they'd blow shut, and I'd wonder what the noise was). We only had 3 functional screens at our rental - so white trash - so I feel empowered to open windows now that we have complete screens on all our windows! It's 70 degrees, but you wouldn't know it by the winds. Feels more like 60. I need to go turn off and drain the sprinklers, since the lows will be below freezing tonight.

Not much else happened today. I attended the brunch at Women to Women. It was nice, and I didn't feel like running out the door like I did at the last one. And we had a more filling meal than the soup we had last time. I'll never be skinny - I've accepted that. There are many reasons, and one of those reasons is because I want filling meals. Creamed soups as a main course, tasty as they are, really never fit that bill. That's what we had at the last brunch. Today I was a little too full, and didn't eat a lot. Hmmm.... what was I eating? I have no idea if I'll be attending this same Bible study in the fall, mostly due to the fact that I don't know if Brandon will be in morning or afternoon kindergarten. Morning class runs from 8:00 am to 10:45, so I won't be doing anything next year if he's in that one! The schedule is just awful! The school is very overcrowded this year, resulting in odd kindergarten schedules. But still, they could have done better.

Hope your day was as non-stressful as mine! This is such a blessed day. Nap time was a mess, but so far the rest of the day has gone well.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Random days are OK