Monday, April 21, 2008

On Hating Trains

Today I waited at the train crossing for 15 minutes while a very slowly moving (read: excruciatingly slow) train crossed the tracks forwards, and then backwards. It had been such a good morning, too. Everything ran smoothy, just as it should. We were on time, and the train was completely off schedule! There is no train on the way to school at 8:00. I've run the route 3 times a week for the last 7 months, and there is no train!!! I've been trying to teach the kids not to call people "stupid". It may be true, but it's not a nice word. Today, however, I didn't make a move to stop either one them when they called the train "stupid". It was all I could do to not yell at the train for making us late! I hate it when I am late somewhere due to circumstances beyond my control. I have no problem being completely late all on my own - I don't need help! Yelling at the train isn't really setting a good example for my kids.

But it would make me feel better.

No comments: