Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Food!

I have finally found a food that Caitlin actually likes! Something she will open her mouth for! Something she wants to eat more than she wants to smear it in her hair! That food is.... (drum roll, please)....macaroni and cheese. Yes folks, plain ol', boring, very American, mac and cheese. Yesterday, during our IKEA adventure (one of the few stores I can go to with both kids and stay reasonably sane), Brandon got a plate of mac and cheese at the IKEA cafe. Since the portion size there was huge we ended up coming home with quite a bit of it. Brandon wanted some for dinner, so I ground up some in the baby food grinder to see what Caitlin would do. As you can see by the picture, she ate it. She ate all of it. I have photographic proof. I must make some and grind it up.....

As much as she liked it, she did take some time to smear a bit in her hair. Unlike prunes or green beans, the mac and cheese doesn't show up as much in her hair. It still makes it stiff and icky, though (see side profile picture). And, for all the photographic proof that I have that she's eating, it doesn't change the fact that the girl likes her bottle. One look at those thighs, and there is no doubt that I am feeding her. Somewhere, deep down inside, I am waiting for the "I won't eat anything" phase, the one where you pull your hair out trying to get your child to understand that anorexia isn't fun. I think Brandon was about 16 months old before he started that one, so I have a while. I also have ideas the second time around.

No comments: