Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Pumpkin Patch

We visited a local pumpkin patch today. Pumpkin patches must be so much more fascinating to infants than I previously thought. In prior years, I was reduced to almost screaming at Brandon to just look up at me so I could take one of those cute "baby in the pumpkin patch" pictures. My friends have had them, and I loved them so much that I wanted one with my own kids in it. Brandon couldn't be bothered to look up at me, however, which lead to much weeping and gnashing of teeth on my part. Caitlin was *exactly* the same. It is so frustrating to try and get a good picture when your kids refuse to look at you. I have matured over the years, though. I've gone from screaming to just raising my voice - and giving up sooner. I have put the following pictures up for your perusal...

Picture #1
Caitlin finally looking at me

Picture #2
Brandon defending his pumpkin of choice from his grabby little sister....
Picture #3
Self portrait of mommy and Brandon on the train. Notice Brandon's smile that shows he was just crying. He has been screeching (yes, screeching) at me for days that he didn't want to ride the train at the pumpkin patch. It's a little train! It only goes 2 miles an hour! I finally got so sick of it that I forced him to go on the train. He's been on CalTrain, on Thomas the Train (well, Roaring Camp's "Day out with Thomas" train), and the train at Bonfante Gardens. This boy loves trains. Knowing my own child's limits, I carried him on to the caboose. He had such a good train ride he asked if we could stay on it for another ride. This picture was prior to the train starting.


You can view other pictures of the Pumpkin Patch on our photosite by clicking here.

2 comments:

threeforme said...

I'm jealous that you were able to get your pictures up today. Mine will be up tomorrow.
I love the one of Caitlyn trying to take the pumpkin from Brandon.

Ro said...

Brian came home early, and the kids were happy, so I had a chance to upload these. I'm usually not so quick!