Friday, October 27, 2006

We have a tooth!

Finally! At almost 9 1/2 months, Caitlin has a little tooth poking through. It's a sharp little bugger, too! This explains the excessive drooling that appeared last week. At this age Brandon already had at least 6 teeth, maybe 8. I'd have to check his baby calendar, and I'm too lazy to get up and do that right now. Funny how the kid that wanted to nurse got teeth early, and the kid who gave up on nursing at 5 months didn't get any teeth until 9 months. Hopefully this means she'll get more teeth soon, and we can start on some different food. Macaroni and cheese is still a huge hit, but I know she'll be happy with more finger foods in the future.

In other news, Caitlin has started repeating sounds. Tonight I kept saying "mama", and she was trying so hard to imitate me. I started saying "dada" to see what she would do. Lo and behold, she tried very hard to say "dada" as well (even Brian thought so). Next we will be working on "bath," as it is a favorite of hers. Due to much splashing and enjoyment, every bath time with Caitlin requires an outfit change for me.

No comments: