Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Morning

I've had quite an interesting morning. Brian's car has been in the shop for repairs for a couple of days now. I've had things to do every day, so I've been taking Brian to work in the mornings. This morning I was going to attend the first Women's Group Bible study meeting at Highway, starting at 9:30. The plan was to leave home at 8:30, drop Brian off by 9:00, and go to our Mountain View campus for the new group. We left at 8:30, and dropped Brian off by 9:00. At 9:05 Brandon started to complain that he didn't feel good, and that the back of his mouth hurt (I'm assuming that meant he had a sore throat). He agreed to take some Tylenol. A few minutes later he started crying. When I asked what was wrong he said, "I just threw up all over myself." And sure enough, he had. He kept insisting through his tears that we go to the Bible study, since I had built up the fact that he got to go to his own class and play with friends. Instead, we went straight home to change him and put his clothes in the wash (vomit is one of the smells that puts me over the edge. Icky diapers - no problem). I've already cleaned the carseat and washed the cover.

The kids watched a video and played for about half an hour, and Brandon felt great. Happy and running around the house. After coming to the conclusion that his vomiting episode was directly related to his breakfast not agreeing with him, I decided to go to the mall so I could get Brandon some long sleeve shirts for fall and winter (we currently have two). As I'm fixing him a PB&J sandwich, Caitlin falls over and starts crying very hard. It turns out she's pulled over one of Brandon's little chairs on to herself. She's done this a dozen times or so, and usually she doesn't cry. I hold her and sooth her, and then notice that my cheek is all sticky. It's sticky from the blood rushing from a nice little cut in her forehead. I wiped away all the blood and notice a small laceration in her head. It looks like a little puncture wound, and the skin around it had already started to swell. It was deep enough for me to take her over the Urgent Care center. Luckily she didn't need a suture (they debated), but she does have a little butterfly band aid on her head, covered with a larger band aid. Poor thing. She wasn't a big fan of all the fuss, or the fact that I had to hold her head in a vice grip in order for the doctor to clean the wound and put the butterfly in place. I'll put a picture up later. It doesn't look like much now. I need to watch her for the next 72 hours to make sure nothing worse has happened. I doubt it's anything more than the laceration, but you never know. On the bright side, I was a fairly prepared mom in the Urgent Care Center. My bag was neatly packed. I had a sandwich for Brandon when he said he was hungry. Plus, I had a bottle for Caitlin. Any other day, and my kids would have gone hungry.

So, that's my morning. It's only 1:30, and I'm exhausted. I have to go pick up Brian in a couple of hours (the car is suppose to be done this afternoon), and he's not even coming home. He's going out to a Sharks game with our friend Wendell. I know he'll have fun. I'm looking at an early bedtime, for the kids and for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life happens,

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, real cuties.....