Tuesday, September 16, 2008

5 Today

Another year goes by, and I wonder where my baby went. Is this a parental thing? I am always going to wonder where the little baby I had went, even when he's 21? Am I ever going to feel fully prepared to parent into the next age?

But my baby is 5 today! The big 5. The youngest child in his kindergarten class. But the biggest kid in my house!

There have been a lot of changes in the last year. Between moving, preschool, and now kindergarten, Brandon has been growing up. Although still a sensitive child, he has really come out of his shell as far as his personality is concerned. He has become adept at making friends, and became a "boy" during his preschool years - meaning that he ran around with his little friends (mostly boys), yelling, playing with balls and toys, and generally acting like what everyone expects boys to act like. He can read, write marginally well, and has a mind bent towards logic and conclusions (math and science, anyone?). He managed to make friends despite moving twice. This year we had 11 kids at his birthday party!

Happy Birthday, little one. I love you so much!

No comments: