Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Miss IKEA

IKEA Centennial would extend western presence into Rocky Mountain Region:

"IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings retailer, today announced it is submitting plans to the City of Centennial, Colorado for a store that would increase the Swedish retailer’s presence in the western United States. Submitting an application to the City marks the beginning of the governmental approval process. A store opening date has not yet been determined. Until IKEA Centennial opens, customers can shop nearby IKEA stores in Draper, UT; Tempe, AZ; or online at www.ikea-usa.com. [...]"

I'm really hoping that the city of Centennial approves this. Even though I don't have a lot of stuff from there, I really like IKEA. Despite what the linked article says about "nearby IKEA stores", Draper is about 550 miles away (a mere 8 hours through the Rockies, provided there's no snow and/or the roads aren't closed), and the Tempe store is about 950 miles away. So much for "nearby"!

Now if we can just convince Trader Joe's to come here, it would make Colorado a nicer place to live! The closest store is over 400 miles away in Santa Fe (and yes, I've been there!).

1 comment:

threeforme said...

I mean...you are missing BREAKFAST at Ikea!

Oh, and since you are shipping me diapers from Costco, do you want me to send you anything from TJs? Seriously.