Monday, September 15, 2008

Windshield Update

I got my windshield fixed on Friday. It was rather nice to know I couldn't physically go anywhere Friday morning, since the week was pretty busy. I woke up at 6:00 am to go walking, only to be greeting by pouring rain. No problem - I just went back to bed. I vaguely recall Brian getting dressed (I heard the drawer open), and I remember hearing the garage door shut. The next thing I knew it was 8:30, Caitlin was in her room saying "Mommy, I want to get out of bed!" over and and over, and the phone was ringing. My eyes flew open, and I was immediately hit by the realization that the windshield replacement guys were going to be here sometime between 7:30 and noon! This wasn't an issue for my normal Friday routine, where I get up at 6:00 am. But I went back to bed! I rushed down the stairs to get the phone (hoping all the while they weren't calling from my porch! I'm quite a sight in my pink jammies in the morning!), and was told they'd be at my house in an hour. Whew! Enough time to toss on some sweats and brush my teeth.

After the windshield repaire guys got here, they asked me how my windshield got broken, and I told them the Caitlin story. They both looked a little shocked, and the lead guy said "Well, it's kind of hard to break a windshield. I can't break it even if I smack it with my hand." He them proceeded to whack the inside of the windshield with his hand - and it shattered! Huge cracks spread across the entire windshield! His eyes got big, and he said "I think your windshield is defective." I had to laugh! At least now I can see how Caitlin might have cracked the thing using her head as the weapon! And without any serious repercussions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Andy said...

Thank God nothing hit it while you were out driving!

Ro said...

I never thought about that one! You'd think that would be on my mind, since I use to live by a rock quarry. I was grateful that it wasn't winter, though. Those 10 degree snowy days wouldn't have helped much!