Sunday, November 11, 2007

Garage Work

I got a couple of hours alone in the garage today. Finally, it's looking like a place that we can park two cars! Only one currently fits, but we might make it to two before winter if I can get a couple more hours. I know, I know... the garage is usually the man's domain. But not in our house. Brian did a lot out there, but I'm the one with the organizational skills, so I do most of the arranging and setting up. I'm very proud of myself that I managed to put my gorilla shelves together. It really shouldn't have been a big deal, except that I've never done it before! My dad put them up, with Brandon's help, of course, a few weeks after Caitlin was born. Scott and Brian took them down before we moved in May. So that leaves me with zero experience. It was pretty easy, though, once I had a clue what all holes meant. No screws. Just hammering with the rubber mallet (aka the "behaviour modification device", as my friend Erin calls it). Now I need to do the other set in the basement for storage purposes. It's great to have the room, but does no good if everything's scattered about.

So now the only things left in the garage are china and books. Our kitchen here, though larger in size than in California, isn't big enough house our china. Maybe I can get a china cabinet soon? Brian, are you listening? I'd like to have the china accessible so I can use it. What's the point of having it if you don't use it? I'm still wondering how a kitchen as small as our one at the Offenbach house held so much stuff. It's ridiculous how much we've purged since deciding to move! We have too much stuff, but I still don't understand how we fit everything in that kitchen! It must have been the amazing expandable kitchen! I found a few of my fall decorations in the garage (yay!), as well as a stash of Brandon's outside trucks. It's almost there! Once we get a desk for the office I'll feel like we're done. The card table just isn't cutting it anymore!

No comments: