Saturday, November 24, 2007

Roll Over, Roll Over...

Caitlin asked to watch Toddler Tunes earlier this evening. I was trying to finish caramelizing the pecans for our dinner salad, and agreed. Friends were coming over for dinner in the near future, and I had more to do. I put the DVD in, and went back into the kitchen. A little while later I heard a crash from the family room. I looked over, and Caitlin had rolled off the couch. I asked if she was okay, and she said yes. So I went back to fixing dinner. Seconds later I heard another crash. Caitlin had rolled off the couch again! I looked up at the TV and realized that the song on the DVD was "Roll Over." The lyrics go something like this:

"There were ten in the bed and the little one said "roll over, roll over." So they all rolled over and one fell off.
"There were nine in the bed and the little one said "roll over, roll over..."


.... and you can pretty much guess the rest of the lyrics.

To save Caitlin from actually hurting herself (since there were several more numbers to get through), I suggested she "roll over" on the floor. She complied, and began rolling all over the carpet. It was pretty funny to see her rolling over and over, and rolling into the walls and couches. But at least she wasn't rolling off the couch anymore. I don't need another trip to urgent care for this little one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!