Saturday, November 03, 2007

Lazy

So, yesterday I wrote about being average. Today, I'm just lazy. We have some friends coming in for the weekend. Did I straighten up? No. I watched "What Not to Wear" last night instead of cleaning up the office/guest room for their visit. I did make sure that the thumb tacks and all the things I'm using to hang shelves are out of the way. We don't need their little girl, or our kids, playing with nails and screws!

Why didn't I straighted up last night? I'm not really sure. I have a lot of excuses. It wasn't because I needed something to blog about today! I was tired. It's been a long week. But still. It's not like I have to work outside of the house all day and them come home to my family. I don't need to work the fields. I'm a middle-class mom for heaven's sake. When I compare my life to lives around the world, I have it pretty easy. "What Not to Wear", while fun to watch to see how bad the participants looked in the beginning, and to ooh and aah over their transformations, is really just junk. It doesn't improve my life any. My looks, yes, but not my life. It's just a waste of time. Sometimes I need that. I need to sit down and unwind. I read 200 pages in a book the other night because I just needed to be still. But when I have things to do, I need to get off my butt and do them. Like now. I have a room to straighten up. No one wants to sleep with my scrapbooking stuff as a bedfellow!

I have no answers for the things I write about. I just wonder about them. I guess that's part of my life as a middle-class mom. I have the time to think and wonder about things. If I get any answers, maybe I'll write a book. I have lots of stories in my head - wild, animated stories. Lines that have been with me since high school, full of characters and events. Maybe I should write those down, too. But who has the time? Maybe if I wasn't so lazy, I could find the time. But do I want to have every moment of my day, from the time the alarm goes off to the time my head hits the pillow, scheduled? I don't think so. But I don't have time to think about that now. I need to get this room cleaned up!

No comments: