Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Moving Fatigue

I have a serious case of "Moving Fatigue". I'm not sure it's an actual syndrome, but it feels like it. I am tired of trying to find stuff that I know I own, and tired of wasting my time looking for things I probably purged but can't remember if I did. Since we didn't unpack everything at our previous house, I can't remember what I got rid of and what I still own. I kept wanting to go through those boxes for things I missed, but told myself not to. It would just create more work. Plus, as much as I wanted to get them out, I could live without the blender or the cheese slicer for a few months.

I don't have to worry about the kitchen, the kids rooms, or most of my room (there's still a pile, but I'm working on it). The family room is set up, but the living room still has a few boxes in it. We have no furniture for that room, so it's not like the boxes are in the way or anything. Now that we have most of the basics taken care of, I'm in the mood to decorate. I'm not even talking about fun stuff - like painting or creative ideas - I'm just talking about pulling out the fall home decor that I've been pulling out for years. And I can't find anything! I've found the Christmas stuff, and some Halloween stuff (although that was by accident), but not the fall stuff. Where oh where is my stuff? Where is my gorgeous white glass pumpkin? I've searched and searched for a small glass vase that I use to use for fake foliage, but can't find it anywhere. And now I'm tired of looking. I'm fatigued. I need a nap. I'm tired of packing, moving, and unpacking. I didn't use to mind it that much, but the kid factor has changed my mind. I have so little time to myself that stuff gets left. I'll start something, get interrupted, and discover my pile/opened box/half-hung wall shelf at 10:00, when I really should be going to bed. Then I really have no energy to take care of it! If "Moving Fatigue" isn't categorized as a real problem people deal with, it should be!

1 comment:

Christa said...

Yeah, I know the feeling. Try doing just 1 box at a time. When it is empty, then go to another. Or when you open a box, use a marker and write on the outside what is in the box - if you don't want to unpack that one. As for the kids, sometimes it's a slow go, so just take your time.