Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"I'm having a hard time sleeping"

Brandon is driving me nuts with his nap time/bedtime routine. A few nights ago he was having a hard time sleeping. Understandable, since we packed up all his toys, ripped him away from his home and friends, and drove him across 4 states. Anyway, I stayed in his room for a while and we sang a few songs. That always seems to make him feel better. Now, every time he goes to bed he wants to sing songs. He waits until you've left. Then you hear his little voice calling you from his room. "I'm having a hard time sleeping," is his little complain. Then, "What can you do to make me feel better?" I'm so sick of hearing that! Today I flatly told him that I wasn't going to sing songs. He didn't even try to go to sleep. He started in with the whining right after I shut the door. You aren't having a hard time sleeping if you haven't tried and failed. Ugh! Kids!

No comments: