Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Today's Random Post

Today's random thoughts and happenings....

Yesterday it was 79 degrees at 1:30. Today it was 48 degrees at 1:30, complete with thunderstorms and hail.

We attempted to go to a park today. The hail and rain stopped that. Instead we went to the mall. On the way there I heard Brandon talking to himself while looking out his window - "Go, our car, go!" I guess we were having a race down the hill with the car next to us.

Brandon chose to read "Pooh's First Day of Winter" as one of his nap time stories. One of the pages reads "After finding his warmest winter scarf and extra-cozy, super-strength toasty winter boots and mittens, Pooh went stomping out into the snow to find his friends." Then you look at the accompanying picture on the opposite page. Pooh is indeed in boots and a scarf, but the dude has no mittens on, and isn't wearing any pants! In fact, he still has on his little red short-sleeved T-Shirt on. I've lived in the snow before. That outfit ain't gonna cut it, Pooh!

Why is our washing machine downstairs when most of the bedrooms are upstairs?

Who thought hardwood counter tops was a good idea?

I was putting yet another bunch of books in Brandon's bookcase this morning when I came across one called "Moving Day". My mom gave it to us a month or so to read to Brandon before and after our move. Then I noticed at the top it said "A Happy Ending Book." As opposed to what? Those "sad ending" books that we normally read to Brandon? Sending my child to bed sad isn't on the top of my list of fun things to do. Do we really need to point out that this particular book has a happy ending? We're Americans. Just about everything has a happy ending. We can't handle anything else.

Did you ever notice that parts of the background music on "Bob the Builder" sounds like part of the original Mickey Mouse Club March? Or is that just me? The MMCMarch has been going around and around in my head for a few hours now.

I am so tired of trying to figure out how to unpack and organize in this house. We have more square footage, but the lack of closets and the quirkiness of the downstairs bedroom/family room area makes it sooo hard to put things away.

The only thoughts I seem to have anymore are random thoughts. Nothing complete. Nothing cohesive. Just odd, offbeat, exhausted thoughts. Maybe when everything in my life isn't new, and I don't have to figure out an area from scratch I won't be so tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you said: "We're Americans. Just about everything has a happy ending. We can't handle anything else."

That is so FRIGHTENINGLY true! We Americans are just big children. We use lawyers to throw tantrums. We sue if we don't get our way. When I watch ads on t.v. I get worked up because they're always trying to make me think I DESERVE something that I don't even really need and that large numbers of people in the US (not to mention the world) can't afford. Grrr.