Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Progress

We have made some progress. You can actually see the counter top in our kitchen. Storage is greatly lacking here, so we have done some additional purging of our plethora of kitchen items. Some is going, and some it just being put away for a while. I do use my 12 quart stock pot, but not on a daily basis. It can go in the garage (which has an entire wall of very nice closet-storage units). Our tiny bathroom downstairs is also sorely lacking in storage. The pedestal sink doesn't offer much. After scouring our local Target, I purchased a small tower to hold our necessities near where they are used. I need to find the bathroom stuff soon. I'm running out of deodorant and toothpaste. No one wants that!

Brian went back to work today. He has a cubical, at least. Still calling on the cell phone, though. He'll be moving buildings soon. He just did that back in Milpitas a few weeks ago. He packed up his office stuff a few weeks ago, and won't be bothering to unpack it for a few more. The GPS headed to work with Brian, and I am proud to report that I not only managed to get to the store without getting lost, but I also managed to get home! Quite a feat for me lately. Brandon and I even sang a little song on the way home - something about going to home to eat dirt. Each stanza ended with us saying "no" in a very silly way, making Brandon laugh hysterically! Caitlin tried to sing, too, but has not quite mastered enough English to join in.

Otherwise, things are about the same here in Colorado. Once we have the house in working order, and I have found my shoes, I'll start writing about other fun things going on. I know you all want to hear about the extremely loud noises Caitlin makes whenever I go shopping. On the upside, she isn't crying anymore while in the shopping cart. On the downside, I'm still trying to hide in plain sight because I'm so embarrassed!

No comments: