Monday, May 07, 2007

The Movers Have Come and Gone

The moving truck showed up around 9:30 this morning. Our house is 97% empty. The remaining 3% consists of the items we'll talk with us when we head on out tomorrow morning. Brian and I were up until 2:30 last night packing (I really didn't want to get up when I heard the alarm go off at 6:45!). At midnight I did a box run. The local auto parts and school supply store have nice cardboard-only recycle bins! I never thought I'd be the kind of person who knew that. At least the movers said they were impressed with the amount of stuff we had in boxes (which was most of it).

It has been surreal having these men move our stuff out. The truck outside is huge! I've been doing okay today. It is unnecessarily hot, which makes me tired (it's only early May. What's up with over 90 degree temperature?). My body is achy from packing and lack of sleep, and my feet hurt. My fingernails all broke off last week, and now are cracking and splitting. The tips of my fingers are so sore that I almost cried last night when I took the laundry out of the dryer. I almost cried this morning when my friend Wendy showed up to take the kids for the morning. Caitlin-management is a full time job, so it is nice to have her away for the day. I hope I don't just start bawling later on. Lack of sleep makes me do that!

I'm off to borrow my neighbors vacuum cleaner. All that is left now is cleaning. I'm hoping that I have the physical and mental stamina for that, but at this point I'm really not sure! I'm thinking that it will be an early bedtime for me tonight.

No comments: