Sunday, May 13, 2007

One More Day....

Tomorrow the angels will arrive. The furniture angels. Actually, it's just the moving company coming to B-town to deliver our furniture! I'm not a jump-up-and-down-with-excitement kind of girl (much to the chagrin of others), but I am soooooo happy that tomorrow at this time I can sit on a couch instead of on the floor against a wall on my numb rear end! I went back to Wal-Mart this afternoon and got a big flat of water for the guys. It's been warm here. Not too bad, but heat never mixes well with hauling large furniture up stairs. Tonight we are cleaning up the tornado known as our house so that there will be room for our stuff. No more eating on the floor (after breakfast). The kids and I will head over to the local mall. I remember it being very cool when we were here in December. I think it has a play area, as well. The best thing about the malls and shops around here - you can park! The population here is just not as large as the south bay, so everything seems a little dead to us. Unfortunately I'm sure I'll get use to it soon. We went shopping yesterday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter, and had no issues with parking, getting around, or checking out. No lines, no waiting, no crowds. Scary, but sooo nice! At this rate, I might even check out the summer concerts at the mall.

Yesterday we headed over to the Wal-Mart Supercenter. That took a couple of hours. I've only been in one before, somewhere between Austin and San Antonio. It was nice. It really makes Costco seem small. Even though I've been in one before, I've never actually shopped there. It is a nice change to get all the things I need under one roof. Brooms, mops, shower curtains, yogurt, lettuce, nightlights, etc. And, it's all at great prices. I went back today to get more shelf liner, and managed not to get completely lost this time. I also tried to get back home without using the GPS, and ended up taking the scenic route, but that's another story! The Wal-Mart Supercenter reminds me of the Gemco store that use to be near my grandparent's house . I remember getting shoes and groceries, back when white patent leather loafers were in (let's not go there).

The kids seem to be handling this a little better today. Caitlin didn't throw a fit at bathtime. It's been a fun experience for her up until last week! After all our bathtime battles with Brandon when he was a baby, we do not want to go through the fights again. Yesterday we headed up to our friend's Rob and Janet's house in Loveland, about 45 miles from here. Rob and Janet use to live in the south bay and went to our church. They've lived out in Colorado since 2003. It was very nice to hang out with friends again. Brandon and Caitlin were thrilled to have toys and to be in a normal house. Abbey, Rob and Janet's little girl, didn't have a fit when our kids took over the living room. In a few minutes Abbey and Brandon were playing well together! Brandon was loving the socialization (especially after being stuck in a car for 1,300 miles last week!). I was happy to sit and have a glass of wine with an old friend. It was also good to hear their opinions about Colorado, since they have lived elsewhere prior to moving here. 45 miles isn't too far. I can drive that..... :-)

I suppose I should go clean up the counter in the kitchen, and sweep the dining room floor. The place needs to be clean so the furniture can go in the right places. Also, it's trash night, and I want to get all the stuff out we can. I'm sure we'll just make more as we unpack our belongings tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep - 45 miles isn't far. it's what lots of people here in the bay area do daily for a commute! each way! i'm glad you have friends there - maybe you can post pictures of them some time? may your furniture arrive safely and soundly, and may everyone have a great night's sleep on Monday night!!! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

It's Monday evening as I write this...I hope you are enjoying your nice comfy sofa right now...or maybe your bed since you're an hour ahead. Glad you got to hang out with the Sandbergs! I would love to see a pic of Abby if you took any.
Enjoy the furniture...I hope all Brandon's trains arrived safely.

Ro said...

I never thought to take pictures! I'm sure we'll get together again, soon, and I'll bust out the camera then!