Sunday, November 09, 2008

Busy Weekend

I know, I know, I should be blogging about something interesting.... something profound. But, I don't feel like it. I am uninspired. I am tired.

Weekends are usually thought of as a time of rest or rejuvenation. But this was a busy weekend for me. Saturday I got my hair cut (that was nice and relaxing) and then took Brandon to a birthday party at Pump It Up. Hanging out with 25 5-year olds in a huge warehouse full of inflatable bouncy houses was more exhausting than it should have been. Brandon had fun, though. After that I still had my Apple Pie Social to go to. I was so tired, due to being sick all week, and really didn't want to go. But then again, the thought of making apple pies with the girlies sounded fun. So, off to north Boulder I went. And I'm glad I did. Except for the fact that I have an apple pie in my fridge and Brian's going out of town for the week. Guess I'll have to eat that one myself!

Today, between church and life group, I hit the mall to get a new dress for my sister's upcoming wedding. My career as a stay-at-home-mom does not include clothes that are appropriate for weddings. I've donated or given away a good chunk of my business clothes, as I don't need them anymore. So even though I am not lacking in clothing, I was lacking in something nice for this wedding. I've only gone to a handful of weddings since I quit working, so my options are few. I hit several stores before settling on Dillards. I found most dresses to be too casual, and the semi-formal options at Nordstrom were just too darn expensive! But, I did find several I liked at Dillards, and the process was far less painful than I had imagined. It was nice to do it kid-free, too. They usually start rough housing with each other when I'm half naked in the dressing room. I wore all the wrong undergarments and shoes to try on cute dresses. Being under the florescent lighting in knee-high stockings and a dress is about as unattractive as trying on bathing suits during winter while wearing black socks! I tried on many, and stuck with a classic, off the shoulder black dress with a flouncy skirt. I'd show you a picture, but I can't find it online. So you'll have to wait. I will get pictures, though. Brandon will be in his little tux, Caitlin in a cute dress, and Brian and I will be dressed nicely. We cannot, absolutely can not be pictureless when we all look good at the same time!

So, that was my weekend. It was productive, but not relaxing. The next few days are suppose to bring rain and snow, as warm, nice days are going to become a thing of the past in the very near future. I'm glad I got a lot of things done in advance. I think I'm going to hit the Halloween candy before heading off to bed. Or maybe some apple pie.....

mmmm...........

apple pie..................

1 comment:

Andy said...

On the subject of looking ridiculous when trying on clothing... At one point I was the same shoe size as Dad. Mom wanted to surprise him with a pair of cowboy boots for his Birthday. I was her (literal) stand-in.

We must have gone to the store right after my summer tennis lessons. I was in shorts and a polo shirt.

Not the best self-esteem moment for (at the time) a young teen to walk around the shoe store to see if they're comfortable. :-)