Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Not 300 Pounds

Brandon decided to hang out in the bathroom with me while I was I was taking out my contacts yesterday. He got fascinated by my sister's analog scale, and stood on it. In a whiny voice, he asked "Why am I only 40 pounds, mom?" I was pretty amazed, since he was only 38 pounds at the pediatrician's visit last month. He wanted me to get on the scale, too. Since I was still taking out my contacts, I told him I'd get on in a few minutes. He looked down at the scale...

Brandon - Do you weigh three zero zero, Mom?
Me - I hope not!
Brandon (disappointed) - How about two eight zero?
Me - Nope, I don't weight two hundred and eighty pounds.
Brandon (sighing) - How about two four zero?
Me - No, honey.
Brandon - Two zero zero?
Me - no honey, I don't weight that either.
Brandon - Mom! What good is it if don't weigh over two zero zero?
Me (thinking out loud) - I'm really happy I don't weigh that much!
At that point Brandon sighed heavily and walked away from the scale.

I'm betting that he's the only one in the house who is offended that his mother doesn't weigh two hundred pounds. I'm not skinny by any means, but I haven't reached that point on the scale. And I, for one, am not disappointed!

No comments: