Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Things I am Thankful For

We are celebrating Thanksgiving today with my family, since tomorrow is a travel day for us. There are many things I am thankful for. I could go on and on in a big list, but I don't want to bore you! :-) I am thankful from God, from whom all blessing flow. I am thankful, year after year, for being able to live in a wonderful country (regardless of some horrible quirks), to practice my faith openly, and to have a loving family (both sides) that loves my family. Brian and I took a cruise through the Netherland Antilles and the Panama Canal for our honeymoon. We were struck by the living conditions of people in the countries we visited. I'll never forget trying to get a glimpse of the humble hovels that many people called home. Images of women sweeping dirt floors and doing their washing in tubs outside will always be with me, and again, I am grateful for that. When I get into my little complaining mood that my life is hard or that I don't have what so-and-so has, all I have to do is remember that I have been blessed in my circumstances and keep my mouth shut.

So I will celebrate the openness and freedom we have here. Remembering that it is not free. And won't forget how fortunate I have been in life. I hope you and yours can celebrate your life and freedoms, and thank God for the positives (and maybe some of the negatives!) in your life.



And, on my closing note, here is what Caitlin is thankful for:


And that's no lie. She does love those goldfish crackers!

No comments: