Monday, November 10, 2008

Cleaner Afterwards?

I had my bible study group over to the house tonight. We decided to have a girls night in, since girls night out wasn't working for some of us (me included). Since Brian is on a business trip, I am sorely lacking on childcare from anyone other than myself. It was a fun group. One of the other mothers brought two of her children along. It was quite the crazy household! Six women sitting in a group around a table eating different pastas, wine and desserts, and four children under the age of 6 running up and down the stairs. I think Brandon's found a friend in Kelton, who he gets to see at church and during my bible study on Wednesdays. Caitlin, at almost 3, was just a little too young to play with Haley, 4. But they still managed to get alone well enough for us adults to have some fun conversation.

After everyone left, I put the kids to bed and called my mom. I needed to talk to her about some stuff. After getting off the phone way to late, I went to clean up. You know, the stuff you always have to do after having people over. Lo and behold, to my surprise, there was almost nothing to clean up! I had to load some dishes into the dishwasher and hand wash our pasta dishes (they're handmade). But that was it! Even our extra fold-up chairs were back in the basement for storage. I didn't even see this happen. Where was I? I don't remember leaving the kitchen. At one point during dinner, the kids decided to transport all the train tracks from Brandon's room upstairs into the living room. Even that was miraculously cleaned up! It was amazing! I'm still not sure how it happened, but I'm asking on Wednesday. I have to know. I can't get my kids to even listen to me, much less clean up. And yet my house, full of 10 people, was almost as clean after the get together as before. How that was done, I'll never know. If I find out, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds fun, and like the cleaning faries followed up. Question is did you share the apple pie?