Thursday, November 30, 2006

The End

Back in early November I was challenged by my friend Arlene to post a blog for each and every day as a part of NaBloPoMo (aka National Blog Posting Month). E-A-C-H and E-V-E-R-Y day. Today, that challenge has ended. I would do the dance of joy, but I'm currently too tired to get off the couch. It has been a crazy month. Brian has been traveling quite a bit for work, which is always a little difficult with 2 small ones. Normally it isn't so bad, but I have spent the better part of the month of November battling numerous illnesses (mostly colds, migraines, and possibly the flu) that left me feeling tired, beat, and sometimes unable to be on the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. On the upside, I've lost a few pounds and caught up on all my shows on TiVo. Finding something to blog about everyday was often a challenge. It was also a challenge to keep posting during our Thanksgiving travels to my parent's house. It's hard to share a computer with 7 people! But I did it, and it's over, and now I don't have to feel guilty if nothing cute or noteworthy happens during my day! I'll leave you with the latest cute thing that happened recently:

The other night I was driving to HFM with the kids. Brandon and I were talking about how everyone and everything starts off as a baby. Trees were saplings, sheep were lambs, and even mommy was a baby at one time. But now I'm a grown up. So Brandon said:

Someday I'll be a grown up, too.

Yes, you will.

Yeah. I'll be a grown up when I'm 5.

Really? When you're 5?

Yeah. But not when I'm 4.

Oh.

But I don't want to wear contact lenses when I'm 5. (mommy wears them)

Okay. We'll see what we can do about that.

I'll be a happy mommy if he doesn't have to wear contact lenses at the age of 5, or ever! I guess he does listen when I say that only grown ups wear contacts. It's funny what goes through a child's head. 5 is a big age to him. He'll get to start kindergarten! (I might cry, I might demonstrate the above-mentioned dance of joy - I'm not really sure how I'll react when that day finally comes). I remember really wanting to be 12. That was a long time ago. I hope he isn't disappointed when he still can't drive at the age of 5, or use a real knife. Guess we'll just take life as it comes!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it through. I've enjoyed reading your entries - I feel like I know you again!