Friday, November 10, 2006

Why, why won't she sit still?

I had to go to Target today to get some stuff for Caitlin. I strapped her in the cart, making the straps as tight as I possibly could. I even switched carts to get one with straps that were tighter. Did that stop Caitlin? No---the girl managed to get her legs out of the cutouts and twist her entire body around so that she was facing Brandon, who was sitting in the basket of the cart. Then she would reach out and grab his hair in her little hands or start standing up. A number of people made comments about turning her around because, you know, it's dangerous to have your child like that in the cart. Duh! Do they think I don't know that? I turned her around 10 times before I left the store, and at that point she was hysterical and I was fairly pissed off. That made even more people look at us. Lovely.

Caitlin doesn't really like it when I try to tell her what to do. Hmmm......how is this going to play out when she's a teenager?

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

My little red-head is the same way at the stores. I was at Target once when this was so bad that I went to the bath/potty seat aisle and I got the Eddie Bauer seat-cover thingy and put it on the cart right there. I'm not a freak about the germs or an Eddie Bauer person, but it has a 5-point harness! It kept Jalyn seated in the seat! Score!

Ro said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks so much. I'll look for that when I head back to Target (alone) today!