Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Independent Little Man

Brandon is my little independent man. He wants to do everything all by himself. This includes opening and closing the doors, buckling his own seatbelt (the harness of his booster seat), picking out his own clothes, and now, making his own PB&J sandwiches. Yes, you heard right. My three year old now wants to make his own sandwiches. I shouldn't be shocked, since this is the same kid who wants to do the laundry by himself, and is highly insulted when I don't let him. But I digress. If I don't let him make his own sandwich? Then there is the whining and the crying. Now, I don't give in to whining and crying on a regular basis, but I really do feel that this is different. So, I get the ingredients out, open the jars, and then hover over Brandon as he scrapes out some peanut butter with his plastic Ikea knife, scoops out the jelly with a spoon, and then smears them together on the bread. He isn't allowed (yet) to put the bread together and cut it in half. I'm sure he'll request to do that by next week. When I can find my camera, I'll post a picture of him in the kitchen making a sandwich. It really is cute. At the rate he's going, he's going to insist on driving the car when he's ten, and will move out when he's fifteen.

No comments: