Monday, November 20, 2006

My Small World

I took up the challenge to blog every day for the month of November, knowing full well that there were going to be many days that nothing noteworthy happened. I knew there would be days that I would have to stretch my brain to come up with anything to write about. So far, today is one of those days. I'm not really complaining, since all I wanted to do was stay home today. I also wanted to sleep in, but that didn't happen. Following, for your perusal, are the events of my day so far, in chronological order:

I woke up at 6:40 to the sound of my husband's alarm. I never did go back to sleep, but I didn't get out of bed either.
At 7:15 I heard the dulcet tones of Caitlin babbling to herself. She wasn’t complaining (yet), but hadn’t had a bottle since 11:00 the night before, so I knew it was coming.
After feeding Caitlin, I tried to convince her return to sleep. Luckily, she took my advice.
I got a shower! Always a plus.
I got breakfast! Even better.
Caitlin decided sleeping was over at 8:45. Not bad, little one, not bad.
I had to wake Brandon up at 9:30. And he was still a grump.
By 10:30 everyone had been fed, I had dinner made (chili in the crock-pot), and had both kids and myself dressed (woo hoo!). I then tried to convince Brandon that we should go outside for a while. He thinks my advice is crap lately, so I had to try pretty hard. I was successful, but he was still a grump.
11:00 – finally got outside
12:00 – had to convince Brandon that it was now time to go home. Again, he thinks my advice is crap. He sweet talked me into the game where Caitlin chases him (which is really me - holding Caitlin – chasing after him as he peddles his tricycle furiously down the sidewalk). Not the funnest game for me, but I’m hoping to foster some brotherly love between siblings.
Caitlin has a nap at 12:30.
Brandon and mommy do Brandon’s favorite activity – shredding paper. (He has no idea what’s coming up tomorrow – 2 years of bank statements! He might faint. I’ll let you know. )
1:30 – Brandon’s in bed, after some whining, and mom breathes a sigh of relief.
Now - A couple of hours to myself. I can finish organizing the 2005 photos. All 12 months worth. I am so behind.

It's kind of sad to realize how small your life is when you have little kids. But what a difference that happy small world makes to those children!

No comments: