Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Things I've Learned While Being Sick

Things I've Learned While Being Sick:

  • That I've forgotten how painful and debilitating migraines can be. They upset the entire balance of life.
  • That, as a mother, if you aren't on your deathbed, you have to learn to function through the pain (to Brian's credit, he's traveling on business. He's been great with the kids during this odd illness).
  • That my "to do" list easily goes on the backburner as I learn to lay still and be quiet when my kids are in bed.
  • That if I'm very still, very quiet, and in a dark room the pain seems to go away
  • I've learned how important bread becomes when it's all you can eat. I tried dinner last night. That didn't work so well. But toast and natural peanut butter seem to work. I've had to fight to keep down each meal, but they have all stayed down today.
  • On the bright side, I've lost a few pounds.
  • I really can't be on the computer that long without wanting to throw up.
  • If you've e-mailed me, I'm not ignoring you. I'll get back to you soon!
  • Putting M&M's in easter eggs and hiding them in the living room entertains a 3 year old for 15 minutes, and he likes you so much better at the end of the game.
  • When you're sick and your husband is traveling, you can change the schedule. Caitlin was in bed at 6:30, and Brandon was in bed by 8:00. And they went right to sleep. Yeah! I layed on the couch for a couple of hours again. It was heaven!

No comments: