Saturday, November 25, 2006

Home at Last

We are home at last, with 2 cranky, semi-napless children. Seriously, I have no idea how I would cope with life if it wasn't for Round Table Pizza. I wouldn't have minded cooking a meal, but all the cleaning up is a different story.

The kids were both tired, cranky, and entering the meltdown stage when we left my parent's house. Caitlin was in serious need of a nap (someone decided she didn't need to sleep last night from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am). Brandon was up late watching "Cars" with his uncles and grandparents, and didn't get to bed until after 10:00 pm. He didn't realize we were leaving grandma and grandpa's house until he was strapped in his booster seat. Then the flood began. The hysterical, hyper, crying, whining flood. He needed kisses... he needed hugs... he needed his tears wiped away.... what he really needed was a nap! He fell asleep within 5 minutes of driving away. Caitlin took about half an hour. For an hour and a half we had a quiet car. It was nice. After that we had much noise. Happy noise, but much noise. An hour later the noises weren't so happy. Mostly from Caitlin. I found out that Caitlin would be quiet for a few minutes if I put a cheerio in her mouth. One by one, minute by minute, we made it home without any screaming.

We were all happy to get home. Caitlin was so very happy to crawl. She visited her favorite places - the closet, the bathtub, the shower in my bathroom, Brandon's bookshelf. Yes, she's happy to be home. She crashed in bed at 7:30. That late only because she needed a bath. After her little stint of not going to sleep until 2:00 am last night, I expected this. I'm sure I will crash shortly as well, since Caitlin didn't stay up alone last night. Yes, I'm happy to be home. Happy to be able to close her door if she wakes up in the middle of the night. Happy to close my door. Happy she won't wake up her brother. Yeah! We're home!

No comments: