Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Make a Funny Face!


Caitlin has this odd face that she makes at different times (and a lot when she's eating). It's hard to get a picture of it when I'm trying to feed her, so you'll have to do with the one that I managed to get. I'm not sure why she does this. She wrinkles up her nose and makes a little snorting noise. Odd.

After Caitlin started crawling (a few days before she turned 7 months), she went straight to standing. I remember that Brandon did this as well. The biggest difference is that Brandon had strong legs and arms. Caitlin has legs of jell-o. She is getting better Still, every time she attempts to stand up, she inevitably falls over and hurts herself. She cries a lot, and is covered with bumps and red marks. It doesn't help that she tries to pull herself up on unstable items (the curtains, the chair to Brandon's little table, the ball blaster). If she'd stick to stable things, like the couch, coffee table, or train table, we'd all be in better shape. I feel like I have to contain her in something if I leave the room for more than a minute, or I'll quickly hear the screams of a little girl who has clonked her head on something else.

I think I am finally getting use to the routine with 2 kids. I have taken a shower now for two days in a row with both kids awake. That means I'm showering in the morning (gasp!). Today I got in the shower at 8:30. After breakfast and what have you, I put Caitlin in the exersaucer or door swing, tell Brandon I'm going to take a shower, and ask that he stay in the living room with Caitlin. He's a good boy, and will play near her. After the shower (just the showering part, mind you), I check on the kids again. Caitlin was bored in her door swing, so I brought her into the bathroom with me. She isn't scared of the blow dryer, so she'll just play with some toys while I finish my hair. Today I attempted to blow dry her hair. She didn't mind a bit! Brandon has just recently come the conclusion that the blow dryer isn't scary, but he still runs past me whenever it's on. Caitlin was very good as I tried to tame the abundance of fine, straight blonde hair that she has. This will be fun when she's older. I hope she's good with having her hair done, and doesn't struggle like all the other little girls I know (do I hear laugher from the audience?). I managed to shower, dry my hair and get ready today in about half an hour. Woo hoo! It's coming back! We even got to Costco by 10:15. Another achievement! Sad, isn't it, that these are the things that excite me. Hopefully this will all change in the future, and my goals will be a little bit bigger than showering and dressing.

No comments: