Thursday, September 28, 2006

Myspace and Old friends

I did it, I opened a Myspace account. I am waiting for the Myspace police to call me and tell me that I'm way too old to have a Myspace account. I only did it because I wanted to send an old friend an email. I ran into a friend from high school the other day at "Sweet Charity". That wouldn't be such an amazing fact, except that we lived in the Sierra Nevadas in high school, which is nowhere near here. I think I saw "Sweet Charity" with her the first time I saw it, back in 1986 or 1987. Anyway, that set me on an internet search to find some of my old homies. I found a couple on myspace, which lead me to sign up. It still fells weird. However, I did hear back from Josh, so I guess it was all worth it. Now I just need to write back! If you want to find my Myspace profile, click here.


I had lunch today with an old friend from EPRI. We use to go to lunch on Wednesday for over a year before we didn't work together anymore. It was quite a funny site to see the two of us, with his twin girls, age 4, my 3 year old, and an 8-month old. The waitress was very smart to seat us back in the corner. I do recommend Mimi's Cafe with kids. It's loud enough in itself that the kiddoes don't draw extra attention to you. Unless you have an 8-month old girl testing out the limits of her vocal cords. Then they all look at you. Luckily Caitlin was happy, so I didn't have too many angry stares. Still, I'll be happier when she is satisfied with her vocal cords and doesn't want to see how loud she can be.

Seeing and talking with old friends makes me think back on all the good times. When times were more good than bad, my mind eventually filters all the bad stuff out an focuses on the good stuff. Of course, it also does the same in reverse (so I won't tell you about my first job out of college. I still have issues! It's also why I cringe when I watch "The Office"- UK and USA versions). I have mostly good memories of high school and of all my friends. I've wondered over the years what they've been up to. Thanks to the internet, I've been able to look them up and sometimes write to them. I don't think I would have gone to my 10 year reunion if my friend Lari hadn't told me about it. My parents had long since moved from the Sierras when it rolled around. I hope I don't turn into one of those old ladies who just tells stories about the past....

One of my kids is fussy. I guess my nostalgic time is up.

***Update - my Myspace account is cancelled. Too much spam. Too many "mmmm, sexy" remarks from creepy men. Ugh. ****

No comments: