Monday, September 11, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Brian is gone for a week. Left this morning on a business trip to Boston. I don't really mind the business trips. I use to look forward to them when we had no kids - it was my time alone, to do as I pleased. It's more difficult with kids, but I think we have the rhythm down now. This one is a long one, though. Sunday through Friday. On the bright side, it was a very relaxing morning getting ready for church. Brian wasn't leaving until around 11:00, so he took care of both the kids while I leisurely ate breakfast, took a shower, did my hair and got dressed. I haven't looked this good in a while! One of us should stay home every Sunday!

Brandon was my complete angel today. He did as he was told, was fairly compliant, and even took a good nap. We went to Target and Mervyn's today to try on pants (Mervyn's - that is a really weird name. Say it over and over. It's odd). The boy is so skinny that I have a hard time finding any pants that fit him. He doesn't have the girth to even hold them up. Levi's jeans work, and most toddler pants from Mervyn's. Before he was potty trained, I relied on his diapers to help hold his pants up. Now I don't even have that. I usually have to go to 3 or 4 stores before I can find a pair that fits. I try to go to other stores, not just Mervyns, because the material used on a good deal of their pants is reminiscent of a parachute. Not what I'm looking for. If I wasn't so boring, looking for jeans or solid colors, my options would be greater.

Caitlin, on the other hand, is having a hard day. She has cried and cried, not napped, and cried some more. I'm not really sure what is up with her. Maybe it's constipation, gas, teething... She can't tell me, so I have to go with my best guess, which isn't always right. She hardly napped at all, for me, but did fall asleep in the arms of one of the workers in the nursery. She looked so cute when I went in, all hot and sweater in her little sweatshirt. Her hair is growing in so blonde now, but is still dark at the tips. Let's hope she gets in a better mood soon. I'm going out on Tuesday night, and don't want her to be in a bad mood for Jackie!

No comments: