Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Trains Trains Everywhere!


Thanks to my friend Suzy, we have enough train track to make two entire play areas! When Suzy's boys were done with their Thomas set, she gave them to me (and I gratefully accepted). We gave Brandon a few pieces at a time, and then gave him some more on his birthday.

Who knew that all of this would come in so handy? Owen, a friend of Brandons, has come over a couple of times in the last week while his mom gets some much needed rest. The boys play wonderfully together. Owen is almost 2, and reminds me so much of Brandon at the same age. He's also very well behaved, so he's always a joy to have. Brandon initially didn't want to share his new trains with Owen, so I built the track on the floor for Owen. Of course, both boys ended up playing on that track, and no one played on the table! So much for options.

I had a load of kids laundry soaking, and managed to convince Brandon to put in his blankey to be washed. He was quite conflicted about the right thing to do (usually I grab blankey when Brandon isn't looking, and stick him in for a good wash). Both boys were fascinated by watching the washer churn. I got this cute picture....

We also tried to go to HFM (Highway Family Ministries), which is our midweek family time at our church. Brian and I meet up there at 6:00, have dinner with our church friends, and then go to our class. Caitlin wasn't in a great mood, and I got paged out of class to take care of her. I hope this is just a one night thing. Her bedtime is usually around 7:00, but I was hoping she could last until 8:00 tonight. She can occasionally. Tonight wasn't that night. I'd really like to go to HFM regularly, so I hope she doesn't do this every Tuesday. I think it's important to get out, even with little kids. Brandon had a really good time, though. At least one of the kids was happy!

No comments: