Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Snacks

Today was my day to bring snacks for our playgroup. Yesterday, Brandon and I decided that we should bring some cupcakes to help celebrate his birthday. I baked a dozen or so in the afternoon. I did pick the hottest day in September to bake cookies - it was 95 degrees. Sunday reached a high of 72. I wish I knew what is going on with the weather. Anyway, I put yellow frosting and little black outlined happy faces on them. Generic, but cute. I didn't know it would be so hard to make black frosting with food coloring. Brandon asked for a cupcake 10 times this morning before accepting my answer of, "we'll have them at playgroup." The kids sang "Happy Birthday" to him. I thought it was cute. Brandon didn't like it, and told me so on the way home. I hope he can handle everyone singing to him at his party.

As I was getting ready to leave this morning, I asked Brandon to play with Caitlin. She decided she was above napping this morning, and was in a cranky mood. Brandon proceeded to sing an odd little song. When I asked him what he was singing, he told me it was "the whining song." Very appropriate. Wish I knew the words.

It is really hard to get out of the house on time with a whining baby, and a toddler who insists on doing everything by himself (clothes, shoes, seatbelt). If I try to help him, he gets mad and tells me that it's not my job, and that it's not nice to help with ____ (fill in the blank). My favorite was when he once told me "it's not nice to put people on potties". Heaven forbid I should try to help. We managed to get to the park around 10:20. Not bad. Brandon fell asleep on the way home, and has decided not to nap. He's been in his room for about 2 hours now, but hasn't slept. I'm forseeing an early bedtime tonight. I need to wrap some of his birthday presents, so at least I should have lots of time to do that!

No comments: