Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Steve Irwin

Steve Irwin died the other day. I'm sure you've seen the news. I was shocked, and saddened, when I heard the news. I feel like a friend has been killed. When Brian and I were first married in 1999, we had a hard time getting together with other people. We were no longer allowed in the singles group at church, and most of our friends were still single. While we still talked, our schedules didn't synch up at all. We were free when they had singles activities, and they were free when we were busy. There were almost no activities in our fledgling young married's group, so we ended up home by ourselves a lot that summer. The Discovery Channel was running old episodes of "The Crocodile Hunter" every night at 9:00. So, almost every night at 9:00 we camped out rears in front of the TV and watched an episode. We just loved the show. In later years, it was a treat to find an episode we hadn't seen yet! I'd heard of the Crocodile Hunter before that time, but years of no cable TV, long hours at work, dating Brian, and going out with friends made it impossible to watch them. I pray that the family is doing well over in Australia. The death of a loved one is so hard.

No comments: