Saturday, September 02, 2006

Our first babysitter

Tonight Brian and I, plus his parents and sister, all went out to a fabulous dinner at Alexanders Steak House in Cupertino. Pricey, but worth it. The portions were, of course, huge. I'll be having the rest of my steak tomorrow for lunch or dinner. We celebrated Donna and Rich's 40th anniversary (8/28), Brian's birthday (7 years later on 8/29) and Donna's upcoming birthday (9/11). We had to find a babysitter for the kids, though. I can't belive that we've gone almost 3 years and have not had an official babysitter for Brandon . Brian's parents or sister watch the kids most of the time if we have evening stuff to do, and I trade off with friends when the need for kid-free events happen during the day. This time, it was trickier. All the regulars were with me, or out of town for the Labor Day Holiday. I was able to have Michelle come over. She is a mothers helper for my friend Leanne, who has a 2 1/2 year old boy and twins Caitlin's age. Michelle is great, and Brandon loves her! She let him jump off a big box in the backyard, and basically run around like a maniac. We didn't realize that Brandon had opened his bedroom door, and heard Michelle leave after we got home. He was so upset. He cried and cried. "Mommy, I don't want Michelle to leave!" I'll have to let her know she is so loved. Luckily, she's coming over with Leanne on Wednesday for a playdate. Brandon will be soooo happy to see her!

No comments: