Saturday, September 02, 2006

Slacker Mom



Am I a slacker mom? In some ways, yes. Yesterday morning I put Caitlin in the door jumper and Brandon played outside in the dirt in his PJ's while I ate breakfast. Breakfast is the hardest time of the day for me. I wake up hungry. Unfortunately, so do my kids, and right now I need to take care of them before I take care of me. The routine is to get up, jump in the shower if no one else is awake yet, then head out for breakfast once I'm done with the shower. I'm usually greeted at that time by babbling from Caitlin's room, or a small little boy's voice asking, "is it morning for us, mommy?" This is followed by a cup of warm milk, then getting the other one up and giving her a bottle. After a diaper change (and sometimes an outfit change), I get to have breakfast. As much as I love my kids, I do miss having breakfast by myself without feeling like I'm ignoring someone.

No comments: