Thursday, September 21, 2006

Random things about me

The kids are sick, so there's not much to report except for general crankiness. I think I've entered the wiping years - wiping bottoms, noses, table tops, counters, etc.... I go through a lot of wipes. My hands are in water a lot, so I use a lot of lotion.

Random things about me:

-I'm almost 5' 7"
-I wish I was shorter
-I love TiVo
-I love my Roomba (robotic vacuum cleaner)
-my favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough
-I really love dill pickles, too, but not with ice cream
-I did live theatre for years. I miss it. It was a lot of work, though.
-I get mad when advertised sale items are sold out on the first day of the sale
(I also get mad when what I want at the store is sold out and I have to go elsewhere)
-I didn't want to have kids before I was 30
-I really like being a mom, but it's tough. I hope my kids forget these early years.
-I like my house to be neat and organized
-I don't really care if other people's houses are neat and organized. Messy is far more interesting.
-I skipped first grade
-I played the clarinet for many years, and took piano lessons for about 12 years
-From preschool to college graduation, I've attended 12 different schools
-I had a very vivid dream about going to Europe when I was in high school. I'd never been there, and hadn't seen many pictures, but it felt really weird when I did finally go there and realized how close my dream really was to what the old European cities look like.
-I truly believe my husband, and now my kids, are gifts from God.
-I like to go sit by the ocean when I'm sad
-I like the beach best in winter, when it's at it's bleakest
-Summer is my least favorite season
-I am really bad at cooking beef
-I like wearing makeup. I think it makes me look pretty.
-I have very few skills and talents. I wish I was passionate about something!
-I have a temper
-I use to drive fast, but have slowed down a lot since my kids were born
-I'm a power napper
-I wish I was more outgoing and friendly
-I talk way way too much
-I'm really a loner and a semi-introvert, but I want to be an extrovert, so I just keep talking (think Virginia Woolf stream-of- consciousness type talking...)
-My best friends have usually been boys
-That all changed when I got married
-I'm really grateful for the girlfriends I have now
-I am terrible at keeping in touch with people, although I think about all sorts of random friends and acquaintances all the time
-In my mind, time is circular, not linear, and you have to know a lot about my past to keep up with my current thoughts, since they all blend together
-My daughter's crying grates on me like nails on a chalkboard
-I love green bean casserole
-I read international news on the internet to get a different perspective on things, and to find out what's going on in the parts of the world that US news doesn't really cover.
-That has lessened some since I've had kids. I don't have as much time
-I wish I could sew
-I can sing most, if not all of the songs on the "Grease" soundtrack
-I can sing most songs from "Little Shop of Horrors" as well (I don't often admit that)
-All that said, I'm not a good singer
-I remember odd things, which makes me good at games like Trival Pursuit. That kind of mind doesn't get you far in life, though. What it does is make people not want to play Trivial Pursuit type games with you.

No comments: