Saturday, September 30, 2006

Yucky happenings at the mall

We went to the mall today. Woo hoo, an outing! The food isn't great, but the kids have fun playing in the VF kids play area. I keep the antibacterial wipes handy. All you have to do it take a look at the bottom of Brandon's socks to know that they don't come and power wash the play area on a regular basis (or ever).

Before we left home, we changed Caitlin's diapers (like the good parents we are). We took food, we took water. Before leaving I was stocking the diaper bag, and saw her extra change of clothing. I almost took it out (*what was I thinking!*). I didn't. Smart move. Caitlin grunted and groaned the entire trip. Brian could smell her when he got her out of the car. I'll save the gory details for another time (those of you with kids, just use your imagination). Needless to say, it took two of us to change the diaper, change all the clothes, get a trash bag, wipe her down and redress her. What she really needed was a bath, but we lacked the warm water and a tub. Brandon, bless his little heart, waited patiently in the stroller in the parking lot as we did all this. He never even complained (he did complain all the way to the mall that he was hungry and wanted Caitlin's Cheerios, though). When she's older, Caitlin is just going to love the fact that I shared this on the internet. We figure that our kids will not want to be seen with us after about the age of 15. They're going to think we're very weird. They'll be right.

After all that, Caitlin was a fairly good baby while at the mall. She ate her Cheerios, her peas, and her baby food. She's such a wiggly girl that we have to let her down to crawl at the play area. Brandon was an active, wiggly baby, and Caitlin just puts him to shame. I have a feeling she's going to be a real pain the rear once she starts walking. She's already cruising around the coffee table, which makes me nervous. The bruises are already starting. There's a place on her forehead that's permanently a light purple.

Did I tell you, I have a friend on Myspace? She *asked* me to be her friend (okay, okay, that's how it all works). Still, I accepted. Good thing, too, since we are sisters and will be putting up with each other for the rest of our lives, and beyond. Hi sis!

No comments: