Friday, September 22, 2006

Skinny Boy

I have to return at least 6 pairs of pants. I bought 8, know that 1 fits, need to get Brian's opinion on the latest pair, and am returning the rest. I can't be the only parent on the planet with a 3 year old who doesn't even weight 30 pounds! I can't sew, so altering pants isn't an option. Brandon received a few 3T hand-me-downs from an unknown source which seem to fit. I've also found that the Levis slim fit adjustable waist band pants from Target fit (no pair of pants should have such a long title!). So much of my energy has been expended lately on finding pants for this boy. I have a hard enough time finding pants for myself, even when I'm slim (if any of you know a brand that's made for big hipped girls, please let me know. Stores like Gap and Old Navy, and Levis jeans are off limits for my curvy figure). This is getting ridiculous! I think I just don't want to do laundry every 3 days. Brandon's clothes can't usually be worn more than one day, unless I'm into the "PigPen" look.

I went to VF mall today. I really do like that mall. However, with my "great" self esteem (notice the quotation marks), I always end up feeling bad about myself. It seems like all the moms there have some sort of unlimited budget with which to shop. They have lots of bags of loot from the various trendy stores. Their hair is cool and well styled. They match well (shoes, belt, purse), while I'm in my "it kinda fits my post baby body, and was clean" clothes that have milk and baby food rubbed in somewhere. My feet shrank after Caitlin was born, which wasn't suppose to happen. Replacing your shoes is a slow process, and an expensive one. I now wear an 8, not an 8 1/2, so my choices of shoes to wear out is small. I know I'm not hip or cool. I usually don't match, am not showered, an not calm, am not thin, and don't have the right stroller or diaper bag. I'm sure there are "normal" women at the mall, but I don't notice them at all. It's a really good thing that I have such a loving husband, who doesn't care about that sort of stuff, or I'd be a mess.

On the bright side, I did find a pair of pants that fit Brandon (as long as I put the adjustable waistband to the smallest setting). He's outgrowing the size 2's in length, so size 3 is the only option now.

1 comment:

threeforme said...

Your blog looks great! Glad you found some pants to fit B. And no, their are not many "normal" women at the mall, although I was there today. I must admit, though, I was more dressed up than normal. You know, to fit in and all.