Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Story Time

Brandon has been telling stories to himself for a long time. He tells train stories when he's playing with his train tracks, and little vignettes when he's playing with his Bob the Builder vehicles. Today he was telling me a story of a snake as he drew the picture on his new Doodle Pro It went something like this:

me: tell me about your picture
Brandon: it's a happy snake
Oh, what is the snake doing?
He's jumping up.
He's jumping up?
Yes. He's jumping on to a tree.
Really. I didn't know snakes jumped on trees.
Yes, they do.
Why?
That's because the trees are empty.
They're empty? How?
That's because they have no berries.
No berries?
No. The snakes have to get them berries. They pull trees.
Where do they pull them?
to the quarry mine, to get more berries.

Okay, so the story doesn't make much sense. But I could see the little hamster running on the wheel that is his mind. This is the first time he's told me a story. Most of the time I'm just evesdropping. My little boy is growing up!

No comments: